Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Piece of Cake!

I was asked by my friend to come up with a cookie favor to honor her coworker, Kim, who is getting married next month. When I asked my friend if she had a theme in mind, she told me she wanted me to make a cookie to look like the bride-to-be's upcoming wedding cake. She said it was to be a three-tiered white cake with a burnt-orange ribbon and chocolate filigree all over.

From what I understood, I did a pretty good job in the replication department. It was a fun cookie to do, and it certainly made me start thinking about fall with those rich dark colors. it ALSO got me thinking that this is a scenario where I can ALMOST say that someones wedding cake was made to look like my cookies.... but I know that might be pushing it. still.... when you think about it... the cookie came first.....

I had one extra cookie left over so instead of the filigree, I made up my own designed 'cake' with polka dots and flowers. you know.. just for fun. I guess I'm just a fan of polka dots?


So here's to Kim and Joe! good luck with the upcoming nuptials and may you have a lifetime of happiness together! I hope your bakery does a good job replicating my cookies, too. (KIDDING!) Thanks also to Michelle for asking me to help with the shower.... it was fun to get to do something for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment